Horse blanket repair and laundry services are available from the ranch. Please use our convenient drop-off locations or contact us for more information regarding these services.
PICK-UP & DROP-OFF LOCATIONS:
Mon-Sat convenient drop off at Old Mill Riverside on Rt 47 in Belen
**We also have affordable used blankets for sale. Our inventory is constantly changing, so call for a list of what we currently have in stock
- Specializing in waterproof and rip-stop fabrics.
- Blankets are all cold washed and hung dry per manufacturer’s instructions.
- We use special soap (non-detergent) that is specifically designed for waterproof fabrics.
- Contact us for special orders or custom color matches-we’ll try our best to find what you need!
- Free Pick Up and Drop off at Old Mill Riverside on 47 & River Rd in Belen.
Pick up and Delivery Service available in Los Lunas and Albuquerque
ALL BLANKETS MUST BE WASHED PRIOR TO REPAIR
(You may send in CLEAN items to avoid laundry charges, but they must be CLEAN with no mud, dirt, or hair, please.)
- Heavyweight Blankets or Medium-weight with neck cover/hood $15.00
- Lightweight and Medium-weight Blankets $12.00
- Cotton Sheets/Fly sheets or Coolers $8.00
- English Saddle pads- $5.00 each or up to 3 for $10.00 (We do not wash the thick wool Professional Choice western saddle blankets-
professional dry cleaning is recommended)
- Waterproofing: up to size 78″ $12.00 / over 78″ $15.00
HORSE BLANKET REPAIRS
- Patches are $6.00 each up to 12 inches in YOUR choice of COLOR
**Holes/tears larger than 12 inches may not be able to be patched **
- Belly Strap/Surcingle Hardware only $6.00 per strap
- Belly Strap /Surcingle Total Replacement, including strap &hardware $10.00 per strap
- D-Ring Hardware Replacement $3.00 per ring
- Leg Strap 1-inch Hardware Replacement only $4.00 per strap
- Leg Straps Total Replacement with hardware $8.00 pair
- Plastic-lined tail strap with snap hook on one end $6.00
- Front Buckles/Chest Fasteners or Straps with snap clips (either side) $5.00 each/$10.00 total replacement (buckle & strap)
- Splint or Medicine Boot Velcro Replacement $6.00 per boot
Click to Enlarge
- PATCH/TEARS: Purple, Magenta, Hot Pink, Red, Burgundy, Royal Blue, Navy Blue, Khaki, Forest Green, Black
(colors may appear different depending on your computer screen)
- All straps are replaced in either black or the closest color match we have in stock
PRESERVE THE LIFE OF YOUR HORSE’S BLANKETS!
Here are some helpful tips in preserving the quality and longevity of your horse blankets:
- Since manure and urine will break down the material of your blankets, on the first sunny day you are able, hang the blanket over a fence and hose down any spots that your horse has rolled in.
- At the end of the blanket season, send your blankets in for laundering and repair so they are ready for the winter.
The turnaround time in the winter seems much longer when you need the blanket than in the spring, when you are done using it.
- Store your blankets over the spring and summer in a Rubbermaid-type plastic container once they are clean and repaired. This will keep out rodents, barn cats, and dogs from using your horse’s blankets as bedding when not in use.
- Have your blankets waterproofed if they have shown any sign of water seeping through. Keep in mind that the older a blanket is, the less able it will be to hold a waterproof layer. After a few years of use, including improper laundering and long-term manure and urine stains, the integrity of the material becomes compromised. The material essentially opens up and does not hold a waterproof layer as well as a newer blanket. Have an older blanket waterproofed every year.